Mediation Attorney in Naperville IL
Business and commercial transactions mediator Tom Homer has thirty years of legal experience, which includes being a:
- Former Illinois Appellate Court Judge
- Trial Attorney
- Court Certified Mediator in Cook and DuPage Counties
- Completed Civil Mediation Training from the National Judicial College
- Mediation Instructor for Cook County Civil Mediation Program
- Ethics Advisor to the Illinois General Assembly
What is mediation?
Mediation is a dispute resolution process where a third-party neutral facilitates the negotiations of two or more parties in achieving a mutually acceptable agreement. Mediation is a process of establishing communication between the parties whose interests are in apparent conflict with one another. In order for mediation to be successful, the parties must feel that the mediator understands their positions and is searching for a solution that will fairly resolve the issues.
Principles of mediation:
- Participation is voluntary. No resolution is imposed on any participant. Any resolution is voluntary and by mutual agreement.
- Mediation is confidential. All matters discussed or disclosed during mediation are confidential unless all of the participants agree that disclosure would be beneficial.
- The parties control the outcome of the mediation. The parties develop the resolution.
- Choices are made through informed decision making. Parties must have adequate information to make informed decisions about the resolution of their conflicts.
- Voluntary resolutions avoid all or nothing outcomes which can occur when disputes are resolved in the courts.
- Mediation help the parties to a conflict avoid the expense of litigation, save money, and achieve a speedy resolution.
- Mediation can preserve family relationships and business relationships.
Role of the Mediator
The mediator is a trained neutral who has been selected by the parties to facilitate negotiations. The mediator fosters communication, manages emotions, educates the parties, maintains focus on problem solving, and keeps the process moving, utilizing negotiating skills.
- Business disputes
- Commercial transactions
Tom Homer’s areas of Mediation:
To arrange an appointment with Attorney Tom Homer contact us or call at 630-428-3311.
Regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday and evening appointments are available on request.